Sunday, September 25, 2011

YA BOOKS I NEED

I'm a big fan of Kelley Armstrong and I love the WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD series.
The DARKEST POWERS TRILOGY though, is one of my favorite YA series ever and Derek is my favorite were period. So, of course, I jumped all over the second trilogy DARKNESS RISING, which is a continuation of the Darkest Powers. The first book of Darkness Rising, THE GATHERING was good and I really want to get my hands on the second THE CALLING



I loved THE REPLACEMENT by Brenna Yovanoff. It was a great original story and I fell in love with the characters. The relationship between Mackie and his big sister Emma was amazing. And venturing into the underworld called Mayhem to confront the creatures of the Slag Heap was a dark and eerie journey, full of beautifully horrific "people". The writing and creativity was so outstanding in The Replacement that I have no doubt that The Space Between will be just as stunning. I am truly looking forward to finally reading THE SPACE BETWEEN due 11/14/11 (I may take the day off work just to read it).





No comments:

Post a Comment